Spring 2018 Schedule
- Thursday, January 25 from 4-6 p.m.
- Friday, February 9 from 1-3 p.m.
- Monday, February 26 from 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 13 from 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 11, 4-6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 26, 4-6 p.m.
All classes will be held in Room 44 of the Turner Student Service Building in Champaign.
Please be on time for classes, as latecomers are not admitted. Registration forms and releases will be filled out at the beginning of the class. Participants will need to bring names, addresses, and fax numbers of referral agency. For additional information, please call the Counseling Center's Alcohol and Other Drug Program at 217-333-3704.
What is CAAP?
This life skills program will allow students to attend an in-depth workshop, typically following alcohol/drug policy infraction(s). CAAP provides an opportunity for learning and personal growth through discussion and group interaction.
What does it do?
The overall goal is to provide education for Illinois students who have experienced negative consequences related to their alcohol/drug use/abuse. The intent is to prevent future problems related to alcohol/drug use, and to help students reduce risks related to their drinking.
How does it work?
To register, call the Counseling Center's Alcohol and Other Drug Program Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 217-333-3704. You need to indicate the session you want to attend during registration. When a class is full (15 students), an alternate date must be selected. Students who sign up will be expected to attend, or to provide adequate documentation about absences.
How long is CAAP?
The CAAP class is a one session, two-hour workshop.
With your written permission, the person or office that referred you will be informed of compliance of class attendance.
Class registration and schedule
To register for class, participants should call the Counseing Center's Alcohol and Other Drug Program at 217-333-3704. Registration is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You need to indicate the session you want to attend during registration.
CAAP Class Guidelines
- Late arrivals aren't permitted.
- Please bring referral information to the session.
- You'll need to participate in small and large group activities.
- No sleeping or studying is allowed.
- Participants will be denied entrance if under the influence of alcohol or drugs and will receive an unsuccessful completion.
- Please show respect for both instructors and other class participants.