If you have experienced a traumatic event, there are resources available for you on the University of Illinois campus.
Mental Health Resources for Students
Our initial appointments are offered on a same-day basis, by calling the Counseling Center at 217-333-3704. Generally, all initial appointments are in-person. In addition, we offer the ability to schedule in-person appointments through our online portal. Appointments can be scheduled online up to seven days in advance.
If you're having a mental health emergency, you always have the option of speaking to a triage counselor when you call the Counseling Center or visit us at on the second floor of the Turner Student Services Building during the hours we are open.
If you need to talk to someone after hours, please call the Rosecrance Crisis Line at 217-359-4141.
Mental Health Resources for Faculty Staff
Our campus partners at the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program provide mental health resources to faculty and staff at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Trauma Brochure
- Grief and Loss Brochure
- Suicide Prevention Brochure
- Distressed and Distressing Students Brochure
- Psychology Today - Trauma
- Common Symptoms After a Traumatic Event
- PTSD: National Center for PTSD
Race-Related Traumatic Stress
- Race-Related Stress Brochure
- University of Illinois Bias Incident Report Form
- Race- Based Trauma Resources and Support in Times of Civil Strife
- Project LETS
- 55 Mental Health Resources for People of Color