- We require requests be made at least two-weeks prior to the anticipate date of the outreach in order to adequately review, staff, and prepare
- We will continue to offer online outreach and prevention programs as needed in addition to in-person
- We ask that online/hybrid programs not be recorded
- We have a variety of pre-recorded and on-demand on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/UniversityofIllinoisCounselingCenter
The Counseling Center believes in partnering with those on our campus to provide education about mental wellness and information about our services. We are always happy to come to resource fairs, present workshops on topics related to mental wellness, and give overviews about how to access our services. Some common topics we are asked to speak on include:
- Safer alcohol and other drug use
- Communication in relationships
- Eating disorders
- Stress management
- Study skills
- Test anxiety
- Time management
Outreaches are not limited to these topics and can be developed towards your special interests or concerns. An outreach can be requested by anyone for any type of student group and are facilitated by Counseling Center professional staff, graduate assistants, or paraprofessionals.
If you would like to arrange for an outreach, please complete an Outreach Request Form. If you have questions about scheduling an outreach, please contact Jeffrey Graham, Assistant Director of Outreach and Prevention.